Friday, May 6, 2011

This craziness...

I know it's been a while...sorry, Mom! I had a bit of a blogging dry-spell after Joe's birthday and then the craziness that was the month of April began. It all started with this itty-bitty, so so tiny, little, almost microscopic hole in a pipe! Slab leak. Thankfully we escaped any sort of water damage because I guess we caught it early. One day I started hearing the sound of running water, without the water running. And if you look at the third picture down, it's because there was water running! Spraying out of that itty-bitty hole in the pipe under our house!


You have to look closely but you can see the stream of water. I guess this is what happens to 60 year old pipes! Nothing punctured the pipe, it basically just started to erode!

So we promptly got it fixed, thank you Bosworth!



Maybe 2 days later we heard that running water sound again. Long story short...we were advised by 2 different plumbing companies to re-pipe our whole house. So we did! Thank you American Leak Detection! It feels great knowing we have brand new pipes and hopefully won't have to worry about leaks, but it was not a fun process. Our kitchen floor was blue for about a month!

I didn't have a laundry room for about a month! Thanks to my mom-in-law for pretty much doing my laundry...




So, while we were waiting for new pipes and new flooring we decided to take down the wall 'o' mirrors! We saw them as a safety hazard, not to mention kind of tacky.

Speaking of tacky...they were being held up my some sort of tar/glue substance. Gross.


See...safety hazard! Yikes! Glad we got them down ourselves before they went on their own.

And the after pics! I did a lot of painting and we got new tile in the kitchen and laundry room. And you can't see them but we have new pipes running through our attic down our walls as opposed to underneath the house. Enter contented sigh of relief...








Oh and just in case you were wondering...Joe is still into sharks. So much so he is turning in to one! ;)

1 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks great! So glad everything is fixed and yay for new flooring and paint! :)