Thursday, August 27, 2009

Alaska Post #2...Long time comin'...

So it's been a month since we've been back from the AK. So what! Been pretty busy and blogging just hasn't been on the top of my list. I coach JV volleyball at Midland Classical Academy and we started the season with 2-a-day practices a few days after we got back from Alaska. We have also been swimming almost everyday and Joe is becoming quite the swimmer! The one skill he hasn't mastered that I would like him to is coming up for air while swimming. He can hold his breath for a long time, though! We also had to somewhat start over with potty training after our Alaska trip. And now that I'm coaching we don't have as much time to spend on it so it's slow going but it's going. Still waiting for the poopy in the potty!
Anyway, here are some fishing and scenery pictures from Alaska that I intended to post a month ago!

The beach.




Standing on the beach, looking out on the water. Nothing but gray. There are mountains there. I promise! Even an active volcano. But we didn't see them the whole week we were there! Nothing but gray.

Our boats all lined up.

Kids taking a ride on the tractor. Probably not so safe...

My dad and family friend stacking a net.

Two ways to pull the net on the beach: tie onto it and start pulling...

Hook onto the anchor and start pulling. Each way is equally effective.

Boat picking.

0 comments: