I finally got to go to New York!!! I've been trying to get Luke to take me ever since we got married. He and my Dad-in-law and a couple other guys from work had to go for some meetings so my Mom-in-law and friend, Kelly got to tag along and play! We left Joe with his cousins...Thank you Lee and Ashlee! :)
I had so much fun but I don't need to go back for a long time! That place is unreal! So fun and overwhelming and exciting and crowded and weird and dirty and amazing...and crowded.
We went to the Empire State Building, saw a couple shows, including Spiderman, ate at some fun places, did Statue of Liberty, Mets game, Wall Street, Central Park...it was all awesome!
Eating dinner our first night there. Can you tell I'm excited? 
These next few pictures are from the top of the Empire State Building.







Me and my mom-in-law, Terri!
Upscale outhouse! You have to pay a quarter and supposedly it cleans itself when you're finished.

The group at the New York Stock Exchange.
We had the privilege of getting a tour on the trading floor! I didn't fully understand everything but this was Luke's favorite part of the trip! (nerd)
New York Mercantile Exchange...and yes they were yelling at each other.

We also went to the closing bell ceremony at NASDAQ!
Eating at the famous Carnegie Deli.
I wouldn't say "world's best" but is was pretty good and fun to eat at such a famous place!
They do exist!
Sea of people! Nothing going on...just walking down the street in the middle of the day.
At night...obviously. All the neon in this city just seems really unnecessary to me...but pretty cool at the same time!
Ahhhhhhh...Lady Liberty! Can you imagine sailing into America for the first time and seeing this?! Amazing.

The original torch.
Inside the statue...the support structures.
Ellis Island.


Outside the New York Stock Exchange.
Mets game. We got free hats and had the best Kettle Corn ever!
And in the middle of the concrete jungle...the beautiful and really impressive man-made Central Park.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Concrete Jungle!
Posted by Lindsy at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment