Monday, October 27, 2008

Sunday, Bloody Sunday!

Yesterday after church Joe fell on a step and busted his lip and gums and there was a lot of blood. Hence the post title. He cut the inside of his bottom lip but thankfully it didn't go all the way through. But, he also has a different cut on the outside of his bottom lip, probably from the impact of his fall. And, his top gums got bloodied some how, probably from the impact also. Needless to say, he bled a lot and cried a lot yesterday but is recovering well. He has bled a couple times before, which is when I discovered that I don't handle his blood very well. Any one else's, or even my own blood, not a problem. But seeing Joe's blood makes me feel like I'm going to pass out. I kind of felt like a wimp yesterday but I had to take a seat while other people tended to my child. Other than that, I think I handled the situation very well, meaning no panicking. I am glad Luke's mom, Terri, was there to help us. I think his teeth are okay but I'm still a little worried that they got knocked loose. Joe won't let anyone near his mouth so it's hard to tell.
Here are a few pictures and if you know Joe at all you know that his lips aren't normally this big! :) I tried to get a picture of his gums but couldn't, which is probably okay since they look really gross! I get nauseous just thinking about yesterday! But don't worry, I got all the blood out of his shirt. Phew!



Able to smile the day after.


2 comments:

Joe, Katie, Taylor and Wade said...

So sad! He looks great though!
Tay did that last year when we were in Ohio, on the pew at church. I had to sit down too because I got light headed. It was a bit embarassing, but my mom took care of her for me. So, welcome to the "nauseated at your own child's blood" club! :)

Melissa said...

Look at your long neck Glaze, you should be on America's Next Top Model with that thing...good work!