We just got back from a super fun trip to the East for a Dunn family reunion. We met up in Nashville, TN with all of the Dunn aunts and uncles, whom I love! We stayed the night there and went to The Grand Ol' Opry, which is always fun. The next day we drove to a resort in the Smoky Mountains. We got to do some hiking, golfing, swimming and paddle boating. After staying there for a couple of days we drove on to Asheville, NC for the actual reunion. The highlight of Asheville was visiting the Biltmore Estate, which is the largest privately owned home in the world. It's unreal! 175,000 square feet! It took us two days to tour the whole estate, which includes gardens, farms, a winery and a spectacular inn. The Biltmore House was built by George Vanderbilt, if that name rings a bell. After Asheville we finished our trip in Hartwell, GA. We got to stay at a super cute Bed and Breakfast and hang out on Tim's cousin's houseboat. I tried water skiing for the first time since I was probably 12. It was pretty funny. It took me at least 4 times to stand up and I skied for maybe a minute and then accidently went over the wake and crashed. I guess I had forgotten everything my Uncle Vern taught me! It was fun anyway! Thanks Dunns for such a great trip!
Walking to a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville.
Kayaking with Aunt Mary Kathryn at the Smoky Mountains Resort.
Trying to dive into the water off of the paddle boat. Fearless Joe...
Hangin' out in the golf cart while daddy golfs.
Fall Creek Falls, which is where the resort is.
The Biltmore house, aka, the place where Richie Rich was filmed!
Josiah went with his cousins and Mimi and Pop-pops to the farm and gardens at the Biltmore Estate. He was a little afraid of the horse and I heard he ate a ton of blueberries off the bush in the garden.
To say that Joe likes wheels would be an understatement. He would have stayed on that tractor all day if Pop-pops had let him!
And this is what Luke and I did while Joe was at the farm. Segway tours! So cool! We are the two on the left.
The super cute bed and breakfast we stayed at in Hartwell, GA. We Dunns had the whole house to ourselves!
Joe enjoying being read to by his cousin, Annalee.
Joe and Luke on the houseboat.
Sportin' a cool dog hat.
Too much excitement for the little guy!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The longest post ever!
Posted by Lindsy at 1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love you buddy! Glad you guys had a wonderful vaca!
Post a Comment